Monday, May 20, 2013

my strength and my portion...

via
There are times in life where I feel like I have failed. I will be the first one in the world to admit that I'm not perfect-at all. My flesh and my heart fail every.single.day. And yes, sometimes that's a hard thing to swallow. We must wake up everyday and realize that we will fail. If you are anything like me, a perfectionist an insane control freak who must have everything perfect and planned to a T, then this is a hard one for you. Not only will I not always meet my expectations, but I will always fail to meet the Lord's. 

But sweet soldier of the Lord, have hope. For the Lord is you strength. He gives you strength when you are searching for your next breath. He greets you at the end of the long race with a loving embrace and open arms. He is walking with you every step of the way and will never leave you.

Follower of the most high, take rest and know that He is your portion forever and ever. He never changes and His love is unconditional. He loves you even in your darkest of days and finds joy in your brightest moment. When you feel like you have nothing you can take rest in Him, He will carry you, He will provide for you. Because He has called you His...

4 comments:

  1. I love this. You are so right. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I am one of those control freak/perfectionist type people, and it is SO hard for me to fail the Lord and myself and others around me. You're right though– we have hope and rest in Him!

    So glad you stopped by my blog girl. Your blog is such a blessing to me already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly encouraged after reading this post this morning, friend. Thanks so much! I fail the Lord daily, but its encouraging to remember He is working on us every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower via grab a friend blog hop at Noor's Place. Looking forward to reading more!

    I love that I stumbled upon your blog. We are going through some tough family moments right now, sometimes its hard to admit it, but I need to remember that HE will make sure everything turns out ok. HIS plans are bigger than mine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....