Tuesday, May 14, 2013

walk by faith...


Life can bring us waves of fear. Times where we can't see the path in front of us clearly. We take every step with haste, wondering if the ground beneath us is safe and firm. It is in these steps we must offer every single part of ourselves to Him. All of our faith must be placed on Him, all of our fears, burdens, and anxiety. 

Over the past few days, I myself have been shaken by this feeling. In a few months, I will say goodbye to those who have changed my life. I will leave all that behind to go chase after what God has called me to. While the thought is exciting and I'm looking forward to a new experience, I can't help but be frightened by the unknown. Everything that has become so comfortable will become merely memories and I don't want to forget. 

I feel like I'm stepping onto uncharted territory and feel as though I'm not ready for the change. I feel like I'm taking a deep breath before plunging myself into ice cold water. I know what is coming, I know what it will feel like and that is the hardest part. 

But, I must have faith. I must stand firm in the promise and dreams that the Lord has already prepared me for. I need not fear because I am safe. The Lord is my strong tower.

In times like these, when fear has come over me, I must choose to believe that the Lord is with me, and will be at my side every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the title. Walk by Faith and I immediately started getting teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for having a brave attitude!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....