Friday, April 19, 2013

Ever Sing For Joy....


Have you ever had one of those amazing "But God" moments? When the only explanation you can give is the hand of your savior? I know I have. It's truly unbelievable. Like many girls my age, I am constantly questioned by others in all directions, "Where are you going to school?" "What are your plans after college?". If you've been there, you know it can get exhausting. Its hard to reach the point in your life where you really don't know. But God. (Don't you just love those words) But God steps in and says, "My beloved child, I have a plan for you.", it's mind blowing. I still think I'm dreaming. You feel wrapped in the Fathers love and begin to live out the faith that you have so earnestly prayed for. 

This is exactly what I experienced merely weeks ago. I asked the Lord where He wanted me to go, He showed me. He showed me one college. Just one.  No other options even crossed my mind. I filled out my application and waited. And waited. And waited. While my friends where applying to 5-10 different colleges, I sat quietly and waited. But let me tell you, it was not easy. For what seemed like years, I prayed for the results. That God would let His will be done and show me exactly where He wanted me to go. I waited for 3 weeks and at the most unexpected moment, He showed me His plan. I was accepted to my bible college and I was overcome with joy. A joy that I have never felt in my entire life. He showed me that by simply following Him and listening to His still, small voice, He will take care of me. He paved the way for me, He opened the doors, and in 4 and a half months, I'll pack my bags and walk down the path He has set for me. 

I found this verse in Psalms last night and it explained everything I was feeling and experiencing. I found refuge in Him. He kept me safe and comforted me in times of hardship. So when people ask me what my plans are after I graduate, I can't help but smile and "ever sing for joy". Has the Lord done something great in your life lately? Has He answered prayers that you never thought He could answer? Then find your voice, stand up, and ever sing for joy.....

 photo 9638c484-2ce7-4c18-90b0-5e3f066bedfe_zps979ba918.jpg

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. And I know exactly what you mean. I'm at the point where everyone is asking me what I'm going to do when I finish college this summer. And it's hard to give a clear answer because I'm just not sure yet what God's plan is for me.
    I'm a new follower via Bloglovin from the Follow Friend Friday Hop and I can't wait to read more from your blog. :)
    Christine @ Musings of a Single Mama
    www.musingsofasinglemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh...what's with bloggers tonight. I couldnt make it thru the 1st paragraph til I was in literally in tears. Yes I feel this way. I've felt this way a lot lately. No sure which way to go and which way to turn. But God steps in and holds my hand and says I will lead you and go with you every step of the way.

    God works in mysterious ways girl! For each and every one of us that has faith and believes and loves him. Let his will be done.

    I've been praying myself and I know when God thinks it's the right time those prayers will be answered. For now I just wait and know that his plan is the way.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are also inspirational! I wish I could go to blog every day and all my post be about or surrounded God. I wish I could quote scripture off the top of my head. I can't.

    I know one of my callings is to help those need uplifting and that's what I wanted to do with my blog. But sometimes I feel like I fail at that and lately I've lost my funk and dont know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower visiting from Night Owl Venting :) I'm glad I found your fabulous blog! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting and now following via GFC.

    If you haven't linked up yet on my Bloglovin Blog Hop, I would love you to drop by:

    Bloglovin Blog Hop

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come back and visit and reread this. I love this entry of yours. Heck I love em all. :D Have a great week to come girl. Thanks for being such a great blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your post hun. :D and thanks for having positive words and pick me ups and lifting me up. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....