Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Finding My Voice....

It can be extremely difficult to be young woman in today's culture. It seems everywhere we look there is a picture of how we should dress, what type of man we should be dating, what size our pants should be, what color our hair should be, I could go on and on. It can be incredibly overwhelming. Although I find myself obsessed with beauty culture of the internet, constantly I remind myself to always remain true to who I am.

I have been singing now for roughly 6 years. It is one of my most favorite things to do in my life. I almost don't feel like I'm in the same body when I sing. I feel alive, renewed, and completely safe.
(But this is another story.) Every singer has there own voice. Their own style and their own way of creating art through their voice. Same with writers, we all go about things a certain way. Even though we all may not sing or write, we all are our own person. Regardless of how the world sees the "common woman", I challenge each one of you to challenge yourself to stay true to you. Step back, sing your song, and find your voice.





 photo 9638c484-2ce7-4c18-90b0-5e3f066bedfe_zps979ba918.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....