Saturday, March 9, 2013

Confidence...(Finding My Voice)

           
I found this on Pinterest the other day and was inspired nearly immediately. These seven words hit me very strongly when I read them the first time, and even stronger has they have been tossing around my mind the past couple days. Entering this whole "blogging world" has been rather intimidating! I now fully understand the enormous amounts of time and effort it takes to produce content regularly.

When I first decided I wanted to make a blog, I was quite scared and self conscious about the idea. "Who would possibly want to read my blog? I'll never be as good or have as many followers as the bigger bloggers out there. What do I write about? Is this too mundane or boring to post?" But after reading this little quote (author unknown), a spark was lit underneath me and a lot of my blogging insecurities began to fade away. Ultimately, I started this blog to be able to release my thoughts and ideas onto paper. (Or a keyboard.......you know what I'm saying.) If people see, read, and enjoy, then that makes it much better and fun for me.

Anyway, this quote isn't just about blogging. For years it seems I have dealt with very little self esteem. Only since about a year ago did I truly start to just let go and be the real me. In result of that, this has been one of the best years of my life. Its amazing to not care about what people think of my hair, how I dress, how I talk, or anything else. You would be amazed at the type of people that will enter your life when you start being the real you. Trust me, conforming to the person others want you to be will never make you feel better about yourself. My education, personal style, friends, etc. are not my status symbols. With all this being said, I have a few things to say to those of you who struggle with self confidence like I still do.

Don't be so quick to follow the masses: Don't follow the crowds. Everyone listening a certain type of music? Stay true to your style, blast the jazz if your into it! Everyone wearing the same things? Wear things that make you feel comfortable in your own skin, not someone else's.

Don't let the mirror be your enemy: While we are talking about clothes, this has always been a hard thing for me. Let's face it, I stick out like a sore thumb. For years, I've been the pale, freckle-faced, redhead that everyone stares at in public. I'm used to the "ginger" jokes and brush them off now. Recently I've been loving my red hair, it's unique and makes me feel special. I've also struggled with excepting my body for what it is. I've always have a unique body shape them most girls. Newsflash! Everyone does! Everyone is different! I've never liked anything about skinny jeans, nothing about them. My body shape isn't made for pants like that. Now, if you like them, all power to you! I've learned that squeezing yourself into clothes just so you can be a 2, 4, 8, or 10 isn't worth it.

Surround yourself with people who support you and love you for who you are: I have some of the best friends in the world. I may not need another hand to count all of them, but I wouldn't replace them for anything. We all accept each other for who we are, flaws included. Like I said before, don't try to conform to the person others want you to be.

Settle for nothing less then you, because you.are.worth.it.



 photo 9638c484-2ce7-4c18-90b0-5e3f066bedfe_zps979ba918.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....