Wednesday, October 30, 2013

it's been real...(an update)


Oh my everyone. If I can tell you how much the Lord has been at work in the past two weeks, you wouldn't believe it. In every time I have said, "Lord, please help me. I can't do this by myself." He has provided in more ways then one. I am still speechless. When the assignments pile up and I'm planning literally every hour, The Lord will come before me and give me exactly what I need. The Lord is teaching me that it is not all about the academics! I have been thinking back to the initial reason I first wanted to go to bible college. I wanted a solid, and biblical foundation to hold the rest of my life upon. Wherever I go, whatever the Lord calls me to do for the future, I will walk upon the solid ground that Christ has set for me. With that being said, the past 2 months here at bible college have been crazy busy. With 22 credits, a job on campus, and everything else in between, I barely have time to breathe! I easily get so caught up in the deadlines, due dates, and academic success. That is not what it is about. How am I supposed to write a paper on the Holy Spirit if I'm not allowing Him to work in and through my life? This friends, is probably the most valuable lesson I have learned thus far. It's about my divine, romantic relationship with my Savior and drawing closer to Him at all costs. 


I LOVE fall guys. We are finally embracing the fall temps where I live and it is just fantastic. The past few days have been rainy, overcast and chilly. Time to break out the boots, jeans, scarfs, and sweaters! Love. Love. Love. 
This also means drinking as many hot drinks as possible. Why has no one informed me of the Carmel Apple Spice from Starbucks?! Life changing that drink is. Life changing. 


What?!!?! Me work out?! Preposterous. But indeed, your eyes aren't deceiving you. The other night I dragged my roommate to the gym and planted myself on the stationary bike. After 3 nights of this, I found that I had biked 13.35 miles! What. I had no idea that this was possible. Looks like someone is going to have to go shopping for some new workout wear!!


This picture brings me so much joy. Candid pictures are truly the best. Ariel and I truly have too much fun together. She has been my partner in crime ever since the very first days of school. She has an incredible heart for the Lord and challenges me to be a better follower of Christ. Moments like this are priceless. Sitting outside our room, playing guitar, singing, and just being sisters. It is the best to live with the people that I do and I wouldn't trade them for anything. 

"To me, a lady is not frilly, flouncy, flippant, frivolous and fluff-brained, but she is gentle, she is gracious, she is Godly and she is giving. You and I have the gift of femininity...the more womanly we are, the more manly men will be and the more God is glorified. Be women, be real women, be real women in obedience to God." 
~ Elisabeth Elliot 

2 comments:

  1. Always love seeing life updates from you, girl! So true about academics – God cares about a WHOLE lot more than that, and He will always provide for us in our need! So glad you're getting such a rich education and enjoying the fall weather! I know I'm loving hot drinks, scarves, and boots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad God is doing so many amazing things in your life - both in school and out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....