Thursday, June 20, 2013

patience and a stuffed kitty...


The beginning of this story will not surprise any of you at all. I was in line at Starbucks waiting for my non-fat Carmel Macchiato when I looked up to see the cutest little girl sitting in a stroller. Not only was she adorable but she was sitting in her stroller, clutching her stuffed kitty as if her life depended on it. Call me a creeper but I snapped a picture to send to my mom, it was just too precious. After I took the picture, I continued to watch this pair. The grandmother ordered her coffee, a cake pop, and placed a vanilla milk on the counter. The little girl's eyes grew, I could tell she was dying to reach up and grab that milk and cake pop. But, to my surprise, she sat ever so quietly and squeezed her kitty even tighter. After what seemed like forever, the grandmother popped open the drink and handed it to her granddaughter. The little girl smiled all the way out the store, and so did I. 

"The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you."
2 Peter 3:9a

I feel like this situation is very similar to our walk with the Lord. He wants to bless us, He wants to reward us, He wants to shine His face upon us. We just have to be patient. Many times in my life, I want to jump feet first into things, that's just who I am. I'll take a break when I'm done, I'll relax when it is over. I can't tell you how many times the Lord has had to physically slow me down this past 6 months. Yes, He will give me bronchitis so I have time to catch up on school work. Yes, He will make me pull my back out so I can sit in bed and read His word for a whole day. I just have to be patient. My future as of now is so unknown, it really is in His hands. Would I love to have an answer now? Absolutely, but I have to know in my heart that He will give me His answer in the best timing possible, His timing. Sit tight, He knows. Be patient. 


4 comments:

  1. patience is hard to do. be patient rather. good things come to those who wait. in order for you to wait you must be patient. Theres a quote about patience but i cant remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I needed to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Patience is always a tough one I think. Loved hearing this today.
    http://abislittlewanderings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post and its so true. The lord has been teaching me lately about living in the moment and just resting in him. He has been blessing my greatly since I came to this realization. A friend recently said to me, "Keep your eyes open for opportunities the Lord might have for you!" And its so true, just like seeing the little girl today reminded you of your life and this verse. We can be blessed by the Lord in almost everything if we are willing to take the time to listen to him. Great post, thanks for sharing!

    http://beautifulconclusion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I truly do. So leave one at the beep....